In case of Postamtes, first, you need to register from here: https://partner.postmates.com/welcome-api
Once your account is created and you have subscribed by using a credit card, then you will be provided these production keys:Customer IDSignature SecretDelivery API Keys
Please share the above keys as we will use these keys to plug in your Postamates account into your Restolabs account.How does it work?
Customer enters their address on Restolabs.Restolabs sends the customer's address and the restaurant's address to Postmates through API.In return, Postmates provides a service fee for that order's delivery.We add that delivery fee to the order total so the customer pays for that delivery fee. Though this is optional and can be removed meaning that the client/restaurant can opt to pay for Postmates service fees.Postmates charges this fee from the client's credit card.FAQs:
1) How can we let them select what store they are ordering from with the “home delivery” option?Customer enters their address on Restolabs. Restolabs checks the nearest Restaurant location to the customer, accordingly tells Postmates about the pickup point and drop point of the order.
2) Who sets the distance/area of delivery?Postamtes decide if the order can be delivered or not. This depends on the many factors like -like the distance between pick up and drop point.Traffic in the area.Weather Availability of the delivery agents, etc.
3) Can we set the pricing for the delivery? If not who is coming up with that?Postmates provides a service fee for that order's delivery.We add that delivery fee to the order total so the customer pays for that delivery fee. Though this is optional and can be removed meaning that the client/restaurant can opt to pay for Postmates service fees and collect no delivery fee from the customers or a static delivery and pay the difference themselves.
4) Where do we see when the product will be picked up?Delivery online orders appear on the POS as Delivery orders, that will mean that order will be picked up by a postmates agent.
5) Which other delivery integrations do you work with and who do you suggest?We are also integrated with https://relay.delivery/
. It also works similarly but in this case, the merchant can decide the delivery zone. Merchant can talk with both Postmates and Relay, discuss the pricing with these company and decide the one that they want to move forward with.